SkillsUSA is an applied method of instruction for preparing America's high performance workers in public career and technical programs. It provides quality education experiences for students in leadership, teamwork, citizenship and character development. It builds and reinforces self-confidence, work attitudes and communications skills. It emphasizes total quality at work -- high ethical standards, superior work skills, life-long education, and pride in the dignity of work. SkillsUSA also promotes understanding of the free-enterprise system and involvement in community service.
Your Campus Chapter: To find your campus chapter, visit the SkillsUSA Tennessee State Association. Students participate in various activities throughout the year including leadership training, community service, and competition.
Mission: SkillsUSA's mission is to help its members become world-class workers, leaders, and responsible American citizens.
National Membership: More than 300,000 students and instructors join SkillsUSA annually, organized into more than 17,000 sections and 54 state and territorial associations. SkillsUSA has served more than 9.9 million members.
Partners: In 2009, more than 16,600 teachers and school administrators served as professional SkillsUSA members and instructors. More than 1,100 business, industry, and labor sponsors actively support SkillsUSA at the national level through financial aid, in-kind contributions, and involvement of their people in SkillsUSA activities. Many more work directly with state associations and local chapters.
For more information on SkillsUSA, contact Tina McMurry at Tina.McMurry@tcatjackson.edu.
National Technical Honor Society
National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) is the acknowledged leader in the recognition of outstanding student achievement in career & technical education. Thousands of schools and colleges are affiliated with the Society. Member schools agree that NTHS encourages higher scholastic achievement, cultivates a desire for personal excellence, and helps top students find success in today's highly competitive workplace.
Mission: To honor student achievement and leadership, promote educational excellence, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
Vision: To be the leader in providing recognition for excellence in career and technical education and creating significant occupational opportunities for America's top workforce education students.
- Membership is an important career and professional investment recognized by education, business and industry.
- NTHS scholarships, a big advantage for NTHS members exclusively
- Members receive a membership certificate, presentation folder, pin, ID card, graduation tassel, general letter of recommendation customized for the student's career portfolio, window decal and official NTHS seal to be applied to the member's diploma or training certificate.
- The opportunity to purchase NTHS commencement accessories and other official NTHS gear.
- Personal letters of recommendation for employment, college admission and scholarships provided by NTHS National Headquarters.
NTHS Requirements for Membership
- Grade Point Average must be 93.00 or above
- Must be recommended by instructor
- Student should have a good attendance record
For more information contact the following:
- TCAT Jackson contact Debbie Lancaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
- TCAT Whiteville contact Tina McMurry at email@example.com