SkillsUSA is an applied method of instruction for preparing America's high performance workers in public career and technical programs. It provides quality education experiences for students in leadership, teamwork, citizenship and character development. It builds and reinforces self-confidence, work attitudes and communications skills. It emphasizes total quality at work -- high ethical standards, superior work skills, life-long education, and pride in the dignity of work. SkillsUSA also promotes understanding of the free-enterprise system and involvement in community service.
Your Campus Chapter: To find your campus chapter, visit the SkillsUSA Tennessee State Association. Students participate in various activities throughout the year including leadership training, community service, and competition.
Mission: SkillsUSA's mission is to help its members become world-class workers, leaders, and responsible American citizens.
National Membership: More than 300,000 students and instructors join SkillsUSA annually, organized into more than 17,000 sections and 54 state and territorial associations. SkillsUSA has served more than 9.9 million members.
Partners: In 2009, more than 16,600 teachers and school administrators served as professional SkillsUSA members and instructors. More than 1,100 business, industry, and labor sponsors actively support SkillsUSA at the national level through financial aid, in-kind contributions, and involvement of their people in SkillsUSA activities. Many more work directly with state associations and local chapters.
For more information on SkillsUSA, contact Tina McMurry at Tina.McMurry@tcatjackson.edu.
National Technical Honor Society
National Technical Honor Society (NTHS) is the acknowledged leader in the recognition of outstanding student achievement in career & technical education. Thousands of schools and colleges are affiliated with the Society. Member schools agree that NTHS encourages higher scholastic achievement, cultivates a desire for personal excellence, and helps top students find success in today's highly competitive workplace.
Mission: To honor student achievement and leadership, promote educational excellence, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
Vision: To be the leader in providing recognition for excellence in career and technical education and creating significant occupational opportunities for America's top workforce education students.
- Membership is an important career and professional investment recognized by education, business and industry.
- NTHS scholarships, a big advantage for NTHS members exclusively
- Members receive a membership certificate, presentation folder, pin, ID card, graduation tassel, general letter of recommendation customized for the student's career portfolio, window decal and official NTHS seal to be applied to the member's diploma or training certificate.
- The opportunity to purchase NTHS commencement accessories and other official NTHS gear.
- Personal letters of recommendation for employment, college admission and scholarships provided by NTHS National Headquarters.
NTHS Requirements for Membership
- Grade Point Average must be 93.00 or above
- Must be recommended by instructor
- Student should have a good attendance record
For more information contact the following:
- TCAT Jackson contact Debbie Lancaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
- TCAT Whiteville contact Tina McMurry at email@example.com
2021 Graduation Ceremony
The 2021 Graduation Ceremony is planned for August 24, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. in the Oman Arena, 179 Lane Ave. Jackson, TN 38301. There is a possibility that this ceremony will be cancelled due to Covid-19 public health regulations.
Cap & Gown Pickup
Caps and gowns will be available for pickup August 18th-August 20th in the Student Services department at the location you selected upon ordering. If you are not a current student, please call to make sure your cap and gown is available before coming to campus. Caps and gowns MUST be picked up prior to the day of graduation.
Graduation rehearsal will begin at 10:30 a.m. in the Oman Arena on August 24, 2021. A light lunch will be served at 12:00 p.m. You are not required to attend the rehearsal in order to participate in the graduation ceremony, but it is strongly recommended. Please be on time for practice if you plan to attend. Rehearsal is for graduates only.
There will be a professional photographer on-site to take individual pictures that you will be able to order. If you are interested in having your picture taken before the ceremony, you will need to be at the Oman Arena at 4:45 p.m. All graduating students must be in the graduation line by 5:30 p.m. in order to participate in the ceremony.
- Dark colored slacks, skirt, or dress
- Khaki pants
- Light colored shirt or blouse, neatly pressed
- Dark colored socks and shoes, flats, or pumps
- High heels are not recommended for reasons of safety and comfort
- The gown should fall midway between the knee and ankle
- The cap should be worn flat on the head
- The tassel will be worn on the RIGHT side and shifted to the left once you receive your diploma
- Jeans, shorts, flip flops, and tennis shoes are not allowed