Current Operational Status
Our operational status was developed in accordance with federal/state/local guidelines.
- The campus will remain closed to the general public, except for vendors and those with prior appointments scheduled.
- Prior appointments will include prospective students interested in learning more about programs or needing to meet with the Financial Aid staff.
- Prior appointments also include Testing Center customers.
- Testing Center customers will be provided face masks while on campus.
- All programs will continue to be delivered in a hybrid format. On-ground instruction, to include skills/labs, will be offered in small groups (9 or less students + 1 instructor) per training area using a “staggered” schedule.
- On-ground instruction will be supplemented with online/outside academic assignments at a level sufficient to fulfill each student’s enrollment status (full-time/part-time, etc).
- All students on campus will be required to complete the same Covid-19 screening questions as employees and answer “No” to each before being allowed in the training areas.
- Social distancing and hand washing requirements must be adhered to.
- Students are required to wear face masks (cloth or other type) while on campus in common areas. They may provide their own face mask. Face masks and hand sanitizer will be provided to students if needed. Each building on campus will have a central stock of face masks and personal hand sanitizer. Faculty will ensure that training equipment is cleaned/sanitized between instructional sessions.
- The Facilities will continue to contract with local companies on a “deep cleaning” schedule
Required Safety Precautions for Students
- All students allowed on campus will be required to complete student questionnaire.
- All students must adhere to social distancing.
- All students must adhere to hand washing requirements.
- All students will wear mandatory protective equipment in lab areas.
- All students must adhere to all CDC and the Tennessee Department of Health guidelines.
Institution Safety Precautions
- Deep cleaning will be performed at all locations prior to May 4, 2020.
- Daily cleaning will occur throughout the day and after all student interactions with skills/labs training.
- All faculty and staff must adhere to social distancing.
- All faculty and staff must adhere to continual hand washing requirements.
- Face masks will be worn by all faculty, staff, and students when in common areas. Each campus will have a supply of disposable masks. Students, faculty, and staff should provide their own masks if possible. Disposable masks will be available for those who cannot provide their own.
TCAT Jackson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: John Hodgson, Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2468 Technology Center Dr. Jackson, TN 38301, 731-424-0691. The TCAT Jackson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://tcatjackson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
Registration for the Fall Term for current and new students is underway and continuing. Please check your student email for instructions.
TCAT Faculty and Staff contact information link:
Students, if you need tech support, please email: email@example.com