Safe Community Pledge
TCAT Jackson believes strongly in the concept of education as a method for encouraging and maintaining a supportive and safe community. Each student, faculty, and staff member play an integral part in supporting core principles to mitigate the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. While the institution can do its part in minimizing risk on campus, everyone must do their part to support efforts to minimize exposure and spread to peers and colleagues. By engaging in the on-campus community of the institution, you recognize all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Students, faculty, and staff can help keep our community healthy by being mindful of their actions and following the institutional/public health and safety protocols. As such, we ask each individual to pledge to take responsibility for your own health and help stop the spread of the COVID-19 by agreeing to the following pledge:
I understand I have a part to play in the fight against COVID-19 and commit to being a responsible member of the campus community. I pledge to uphold the TCAT Jackson Safe Community Pledge every day by demonstrating personal integrity, respecting others, and supporting my college and local community by:
- Following institutional/public health guidelines designed to protect myself and others
- Limiting the size of gatherings in social situations in accordance with public health guidelines
- Maintaining social distancing
- Protecting myself and others in areas of campus and where distancing isn't possible
- Washing my hands frequently
- Staying home if sick or if I have symptoms of COVID-19
- Reporting to school officials if I have tested positive for COVID-19
- Wearing an appropriate face mask and other protective equipment as directed by the college
Looking out for others and encourage their faithful commitment to the pled
Current Operational Status
Our operational status was developed in accordance with federal/state/local guidelines.
- The campus will remain closed to the general public, except for vendors and those with prior appointments scheduled.
- Prior appointments will include prospective students interested in learning more about programs or needing to meet with the Financial Aid staff.
- Prior appointments also include Testing Center customers.
- Testing Center customers will be provided face masks while on campus.
- All programs will continue to be delivered in a hybrid format. On-ground instruction, to include skills/labs, will be offered in small groups (9 or less students + 1 instructor) per training area using a “staggered” schedule.
- On-ground instruction will be supplemented with online/outside academic assignments at a level sufficient to fulfill each student’s enrollment status (full-time/part-time, etc).
- All students on campus will be required to complete the same Covid-19 screening questions as employees and answer “No” to each before being allowed in the training areas.
- Social distancing and hand washing requirements must be adhered to.
- Students are required to wear face masks (cloth or other type) while on campus in common areas. They may provide their own face mask. Face masks and hand sanitizer will be provided to students if needed. Each building on campus will have a central stock of face masks and personal hand sanitizer. Faculty will ensure that training equipment is cleaned/sanitized between instructional sessions.
- The Facilities will continue to contract with local companies on a “deep cleaning” schedule
Required Safety Precautions for Students
- All students allowed on campus will be required to complete student questionnaire.
- All students must adhere to social distancing.
- All students must adhere to hand washing requirements.
- All students will wear mandatory protective equipment in lab areas.
- All students must adhere to all CDC and the Tennessee Department of Health guidelines.
Institution Safety Precautions
- Daily cleaning will occur throughout the day and after all student interactions with skills/labs training.
- All faculty and staff must adhere to social distancing.
- All faculty and staff must adhere to continual hand washing requirements.
- Face masks will be worn by all faculty, staff, and students when in common areas. Each campus will have a supply of disposable masks. Students, faculty, and staff should provide their own masks if possible. Disposable masks will be available for those who cannot provide their own.
TCAT Jackson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: John Hodgson, Vice President, firstname.lastname@example.org, 2468 Technology Center Dr. Jackson, TN 38301, 731-424-0691. The TCAT Jackson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://tcatjackson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
TCAT Faculty and Staff contact information link:
Students, if you need tech support, please email: email@example.com