Safe Community Pledge
TCAT Jackson believes strongly in the concept of education as a method for encouraging and maintaining a supportive and safe community. Each student, faculty, and staff member play an integral part in supporting core principles to mitigate the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. While the institution can do its part in minimizing risk on campus, everyone must do their part to support efforts to minimize exposure and spread to peers and colleagues. By engaging in the on-campus community of the institution, you recognize all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Students, faculty, and staff can help keep our community healthy by being mindful of their actions and following the institutional/public health and safety protocols. As such, we ask each individual to pledge to take responsibility for your own health and help stop the spread of the COVID-19 by agreeing to the following pledge:
I understand I have a part to play in the fight against COVID-19 and commit to being a responsible member of the campus community. I pledge to uphold the TCAT Jackson Safe Community Pledge every day by demonstrating personal integrity, respecting others, and supporting my college and local community by:
- Following institutional/public health guidelines designed to protect myself and others
- Limiting the size of gatherings in social situations in accordance with public health guidelines
- Maintaining social distancing
- Protecting myself and others in areas of campus and where distancing isn't possible
- Washing my hands frequently
- Staying home if sick or if I have symptoms of COVID-19
- Reporting to school officials if I have tested positive for COVID-19
- Wearing an appropriate face mask and other protective equipment as directed by the college
Looking out for others and encourage their faithful commitment to the pled
Current Operational Status
Our operational status was developed in accordance with federal/state/local guidelines.
Updated Campus Guidance for Covid Precautions September 8th, 2021
As per updated CDC guidelines, west Tennessee has been designated as an area of substantial or high transmission of Covid-19 and its variants.
To reduce the risk of being infected and possibly spreading it to others, we have updated our campus guidance for Covid precautions. This guidance applies to employees, students and guests of the college:
- As Per TBR Guidance, to reduce the spread of COVID-19, masks are now mandatory for ALL indoor spaces on all TCAT Campuses, whether vaccinated or not.
- Primary areas of concern for transmission risk are identified below. We will continue to clean these areas frequently using the latest disinfecting equipment and supplies:
- Allied Health program skills labs when more than one student is present and social distancing is difficult to maintain
- Instructional program shop/lab areas where students are involved in group projects and social distancing is difficult to maintain
- Truck driving students and faculty, while training “behind-the-wheel”
- Students who are driving should not wear a mask
- Other areas where social distancing is difficult to maintain, including:
- Instructional Areas
- Meeting/conference rooms
TBR, CDC an this college recommend that those individuals who have not been vaccinated should do so as soon as possible. Hand sanitizer bottles are located in all buildings on all campuses. Please make use of these supplies
TCAT Jackson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: John Hodgson, Vice President, email@example.com, 2468 Technology Center Dr. Jackson, TN 38301, 731-424-0691. The TCAT Jackson policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://tcatjackson.edu/about/non-discrimination-statement.
TCAT Faculty and Staff contact information link:
Students, if you need tech support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org