TCAT Jackson – Main Campus
2468 Technology Center Dr.
Jackson, TN 38301
Phone: 731.424.0691 Fax: 731.424.0807
Whiteville Branch Campus
Lexington Extension Campus
230 S. Broad Street
Lexington, TN 38351
Phone: 731.967.1975 Fax: 731.967.0087
|Brownsville/Haywood Extension Campus
401 Morgan Street
Brownsvile, TN 38012
Henderson/Chester County Instructional Service Center
1449 White Avenue
Henderson, TN 38340
Humboldt Higher Education Instructional Service
1751 Main Street
Humboldt, TN 38343
McWherter Instructional Service Center
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Jackson serves as the premier supplier of workforce development throughout our service area.
The College fulfills its mission by:
Providing competency-based training through superior quality, traditional and distance learning instruction methods that qualify completers for employment and job advancement;
Contributing to the economic and community development of the communities served by training and retraining employed workers;
Ensuring that programs and services are economical and accessible to all residents of Tennessee; and
Building relationships of trust with community, business, and industry leaders to supply highly skilled workers in areas of need.
The state’s workforce training schools known as Tennessee Technology Centers were renamed Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology as of July 1, 2013. The Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Jackson was originally named the Jackson State Area Vocational-Technical School and later became the Tennessee Technology Center at Jackson in 1994. We are one of twenty-seven (27) technical training schools in a statewide system which was made possible by legislation enacted by the 1963 session of the Tennessee General Assembly. The intent of the legislation was to make vocational education accessible and within commuting distance of every citizen of Tennessee. The Tennessee Department of Vocational Education governed these institutions until 1983 when State Legislation transferred control to the Tennessee Board of Regents.
Classes began on the Jackson campus in September of 1965 with course offerings in Auto Mechanics, Auto Body Repair, Machine Shop, Civil Technology, Electronics, and Refrigeration. The first students graduated in 1966. The training offered at the Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Jackson is designed to meet the needs of the external customer, the employer, and the internal customer, the student. To accomplish this goal, the school has designed curricula that will train students to enter a career field, make a career change, and/or acquire the skills necessary for promotion.
In addition to full-time programs offered, Special Industry Training is offered to meet the demands of local employers for short- term custom designed programs. Such programs result from employer specific inquiries and/or referrals from state agencies.
TCAT Jackson Organizational Chart
Facilities and Maintenance Plan
For questions and comments email Karen.Larsen@tcatjackson.edu