Job TitleWelding Instructor (Full-Time)
Applications and resumes will be accepted until 3:00 p.m. on August 16,, 2019. You may obtain an employment application on our website: www.tcatjackson.edu. Background checks are run on all full-time/part-time employees prior to hiring.
Please mail resume, completed application, and (3) references along with a cover letter to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Jackson
Attn: Sherry Winberry
2468 Technology Center Drive
Jackson, TN 38301
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Jackson is an AA/EEO/ADA institution
Governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A.S. Degree or Technical Diploma preferred.
- Three (3) years of current work experience as a welder.
- Must have a working knowledge of all aspects of the welding industry, including: gas metal arc (MIG), tungsten inert gas (TIG), shielded metal arc (stick), oxyacetylene welding (gas), flux core welding, flame cutting, plasma arc cutting, brazing and soldering.
- Must possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective instructor. Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude and stable personality.
- Must be computer literate.
- Instruction of postsecondary/secondary students in modern welding techniques, shop safety, job success, metallurgy, blueprint reading, welding symbols, fitting and fabrication.
- Establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with students, other faculty, staff, general public and area industry.
- Monitor, grade and evaluate students’ progress. Maintain appropriate records; prepare and submit timely reports.
- Curriculum development, student record keeping, placement and follow-up of program graduates.