Job TitlePosition Announcement Dual Enrollment Automotive Technology Program Instructor (Full-time)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Jackson is accepting applications for a Dual Enrollment Automotive Technology Instructor. This is a full-time high school faculty position located at Bolivar Central High School. This position will follow the academic calendar of Bolivar Central High School.
You may obtain an employment application on our website: https://tcatjackson.edu/about/jobs-and-employment Background checks run on all full-time/part-time employees prior to hiring.
The deadline to apply is November 26, 2021.
Interested Individuals should submit a cover letter, a completed application, current resume and copies of postsecondary transcripts to the address or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Jackson
Attn: Sherry Winberry
2468 Technology Center Drive
Jackson, TN 38301
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Jackson is an AA/EEO/ADA institution governed by the Tennessee Board of Regents
- High school diploma (or equivalent) and a post-secondary credential in Automotive Service Technology.
- Current ASE Service Technician Certifications required with ASE G1 Maintenance & Light Repair and L1
- Advance Engine Performance technician endorsements preferred. Ability to obtain Master ASE
- Certifications required. Master ASE credentials in all areas of cars and light trucks will be required within 18 months of hire.
- Minimum of 3 years of current experience in the field.
- Evidence of ability or potential ability to instruct all phases of automotive service technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills to inspect, trouble-shoot, service and repair domestic and import automotive systems utilizing safe and proper methods, techniques, practices, and equipment.
- Teach all phases of the program, including all eight areas of ASE certification for cars and light trucks: electrical and electronic systems, heating and air conditioning, engine performance, engine repair, brakes, suspension and steering, manual drive train and axle/auto transaxle.
- Participate in professional development activities to remain current in the automotive service industry. Maintain an active occupational program advisory committee in accordance with college accreditation standards.
- Curriculum development, student recordkeeping, assisting with student recruitment, placement and follow up of program graduates, and other duties as assigned.