The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Whiteville is accepting applications for the position of a Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC/R) instructor. This is a full time position
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide quality instruction for student learning and to maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom. The major emphasis will be placed on teaching and evaluating students in the classroom and laboratories. Passing a background check is a requirement to be hired for this position.
HVAC PROGRAM SUMMARY: The HVAC program is an individual program that prepares students to work in a variety of jobs in the field of air conditioning. Students are prepared to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain residential and commercial air conditioning; heat pumps; humidifiers; and electrical and gas heating. Students also learn the fundamentals of electricity, electric motors, and controls.
- Candidate must possess high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of five years of current successful work experience in all phases of industrial, residential, and commercial HVAC systems to include installation and service.
- EPA Universal Certification required.
- Possess the communication skills necessary to be an effective instructor.
- Show evidence of good character, organizational skills and mature attitude.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with students, the public, and other employees.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Computer skills including general knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Be willing to remain current in HVAC/R profession.
- Graduate of an accredited HVAC technical program
- Earned Associates Degree from an accredited institution
- Skill in managing deadlines and working in a team-oriented environment
- NATE/HVAC Excellence Certification
Curriculum preparation and updates, daily lesson planning, theory, student record keeping, recruitment and placement of students, program accreditation and instruction in all phases of HVAC/R.
A background check will be required prior to hire.
Submit TCAT application, cover letter and resume to: TCAT Jackson, Attn: Sherry Winberry, 2468 Technology Center Drive, Jackson, TN 38301 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER