Job TitleFINANCIAL SUPPORT ASSOCIATE 7
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology –Jackson is accepting applications for the position of Financial Support Associate 7, Grade Level 8 to provide accounts payable, purchasing, contract reporting support to the institution. This position is a non-exempt. This position reports directly to the Coordinator of Fiscal Services.
Position Summary: The Financial Support Associate 7, grade level 8 is responsible for ensuring accounts payable actions are completed in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with all applicable institutional, TBR, State, and Federal accounts payable transactions utilizing sophisticated technology to provide professional services. Contracts & Reporting is responsible for ensuring that all contracts and reporting transactions are provided in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with all applicable institutional, TBR, State, and Federal regulations, policies, and guidelines. The Financial Support Associate works closely with the System Office and the institutions of the TBR System and is expected to provide a high level of customer service to all institutions served.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of accounts payable experience OR a high school degree/GED and a minimum of 5 years of accounts payable experience OR a comparable combination of education and experience.
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the students, the public, and other employees.
• Ability to exercise good judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines and submit accurate reports with close attention to details.
• Demonstrated experience of time management and organizational skills.
• Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability and willingness to work as part of a team in a fast-paced office environment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects at once with minimal direct supervision.
• Ability to read and interpret policies, regulations, and manuals.
* Experience working in accounts payable in a college or university setting.
• Experience within a shared services operating environment
• Experience in accounts payable at a TBR institution or state administration
• Experience with Banner or similar ERP system
• Experience with Jaggaer or similar procurement system
* Purchasing of all items, services used daily, which includes bidding of items/services, when necessary, as well as all bid specs, info and vendor lists as required.
• Establishing accounts/credit as necessary with vendors and requesting vendor’s forms/W-9’s. *Receiving of all items shipped and distribution to the appropriate departments.
• Generate tags and assist with yearly inventory of fiscal assets.
• Reviews, codes, and enters invoices into database for payment.
• Pays all invoices directly to contractors/vendors via check, direct pay, epayable cards, or ACH.
• Processes and closes out POs.
• Monitors the AP Director system to ensure vendor invoices are processed and paid accordingly.
• Generate and complete monthly, quarterly, and annual purchasing reports.
• Assists the with the management of System Office, institutional and system-wide contracts
• Assists in responding to inquiries from the System Office Staff, Council of Buyers, Contracts Officers, and other campus constituents of the TBR System regarding contracts.
• Serves as liaison to System Office and institution staff in the preparation of contract documents and reports.
• Assists with training and support for the contracts review and revision process.
• Responsible for order form processing for defined third party contracts.
• Assists with the drafting of contracts and maintains contract forms and templates.
• Enters contracts information, sets up new users, uploads contracts to and maintains the TBR Contracts Log.
• Maintains electronic contract files.
• Monitors and sends out contract expiration and contract monitoring notices.
• Other duties as assigned.
Audit Support & Compliance
• Completes all accounts payable related auditing.
• Assists with end of fiscal year data collection for accounts payable.
• Assists with reconciliation of accounts payable and non-student accounts receivable.
• Assists supervisor in audit responses.
• Knowledge of procurement terminology and practices
• Broad knowledge of federal and state laws and guidelines
• A willingness and passion to learn new hardware and software systems that are consistent with duties.
• Ability to effectively analyze data and inquiries, think critically, and make appropriate decisions.
• Effective organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work as part of a team or work alone without close supervision.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
• Ability to understand customer needs and provide quality service.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in compliance rules and regulations, including HIPAA and FERPA guidelines on the disclosure of information.
TCAT-Jackson hopes to have the position filled no later than January 1, 2024.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW:
To be considered for a position at TCAT-Jackson, you must fill out a TCAT application. You can
download our application at the following website.
Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using what is recorded on your application. Please be sure to include the complete Begin and End Dates under your Employment History. Scan and attach required documents in Word or PDF format.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Cover Letter, Resume, and TCAT Application.
Sherry Winberry, TCAT Jackson, 2468 Technology Center Drive, Jackson, TN 38301
Or email your documents at email@example.com