- Coordinate the activities of the Jackson Regional Practical Nursing Program and other nursing-related programs that may be developed.
- Assist campus staff with the recruitment, orientation, counseling, and evaluation of students.
- Staff the department, train, evaluate, and supervise faculty and staff.
- Assign teaching and non-teaching loads, assist with teaching, and act as a mediator between students and teachers.
- Prepare annual reports for accrediting bodies and maintain records for the department of nursing.
- Provide leadership in teaching, service, clinical practice and developmental tasks to the department.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN) required. Five (5) years of clinical experience and current unencumbered RN license in the State of Tennessee. Two (2) years teaching experience in the nursing field preferred. Other desired qualifications include: Administrative and/or supervision of a nursing staff; good computer and communication skills; and knowledge of current State of Tennessee Board of Nursing rules/regulations.
- Director of Nursing reports to the President of TCAT Jackson.
- Manage all Nursing Programs at TCAT locations in: Crump, Lexington, Jackson, Humboldt, Brownsville, and Whiteville.
- Organize and ensure advisory meetings are conducted according to policy.
- Ensure compliance with the completion, placement, licensure and accreditation standards of the Council on Occupational Education (COE), TN Board of Nursing, and TCAT Jackson, TCAT Whiteville, and TCAT Crump.
- Work with area healthcare facilities to secure clinical sites, ensure clinical contracts are current, and students meet the requirements of clinical facilities.
- Work with appropriate administrative personnel to develop adequate program budgets.
- Develop, review, and update curricula and instructional material with faculty to ensure adherence to all applicable regulatory or accreditation standards.
- Facilitate professional development programs for assigned faculty.
- Coordinate First Aid and CPR activities for nursing faculty, staff, and students.
- Compile, revise and publish the Jackson Regional Practical Nursing Program Handbook and related manuals and brochures on a timely basis.
- Administer policies and procedures established by TBR/ TCAT and participate in college and departmental policy development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Review of applications will begin April 30, 2019 with an expected start date of July 1, 2019. All interested applicants should submit an official employment application, cover letter, resume, college transcripts, and letters of reference to the attention of Sherry Winberry (Sherry.Winberry@tcatjackson.edu) or mail to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Jackson, 2468 Technology Center Drive, Jackson, TN 38301
The TCAT-Jackson does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities.