The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Jackson is now accepting applications for the full-time position of Administrative Office Technology/Health Information Management Associate Instructor at our main campus in Jackson.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications, experience, education and in accordance with the guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicant selected. You can obtain an application at: https://tcatjackson.edu/about/jobs-and-employment
Resume and TCAT Application must be received by November 14, 2021.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Education or related field from an accredited college or university, with an emphasis in computer skills, preferred. Three (3) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught beyond the normal learning period/generally 4 years.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in the general area of business operations.
- Evidence of expertise in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft applications (with Microsoft certification preferred).
- Must possess a complete and thorough knowledge of procedures and methods related to teaching, both in a traditional classroom setting and in an online learning environment.
- Willingness to remain current in technology and industry best practices.
- Ability to instruct general office procedures, data entry, business-related math and English.
- Familiar with LMS, such as D2L.
- Familiar with digital textbooks and digital learning resource platforms.
- Teach all phases of the Administrative Office/Health Information Management Technology curriculum in a post-secondary setting, including accounting, administrative and financial services, academic and career advising, and HIM software.
- Teach Health Information Management students with hands-on training with today’s advanced electronic health records software and develop computer skills needed for the modern medical office.
- Participate in professional development activities as needed to remain current in the field and maintain an active advisory committee.
- Other duties include curriculum development, student recordkeeping, student recruitment, placement and follow-up of program graduates, and budgeting.